Monday, September 28, 2009

Sick again

So, I am sick again. Not sure what it is, but I am so tired of it. I think my body needs some antibiotics. Time to surrender. I'm just not strong enough. I feel like according to Darwins theory of evolution, I would be one of the first to die off...survivial of the fittest. Unfortunately, I come from the more sensitive species. Strong at heart and soul, but my body is suffering. I got a massage last night because my body ached so bad. I need an iron gut...just don't have it. I fought off a fever last night. It was horrible. I thought my head was going to pop off my body like a popcorn kernel. It is so hot here. 40C...which is...104 degrees fahrenheit was saturday...today is Monday. I had to explain to Komang that I desperately needed a washcloth so that I could bring the fever down from my head. He came back with a dry wash cloth...let's try this again...It needs to be wet....again it comes back to me partially wet, almost dry....let's try this again...I need some ice...thank god. Finally some relief. I honestly think that had I not used the ice...my head would have exploded.

I am back in Sanur. We were supposed to drop a new reef in Sanur today, but luckily it was canceled. The cage wasn't ready. Ramadan is throwing off alot of businesses. Religion comes first here, but not that of the Javanese (Muslim). Business is second. This drives the Balinese crazy, because it isn't part of there religion. I have until Wednesday morning to get better, which means no exerting myself. We drop the reef on Wednesday morning here in Sanur just a short boat ride from the shore. It was a scare to call off the dive this morning. You risk the support of new volunteers. The Jakarta Post is supposed to cover the dive as well..it is our first major exposure to the cause. The Jakarta Post is equivalent to the Washington Post. So today, I just went to a couple more dive shops on my list and sent out some emails. Possibly get a pedicure. Then off to bed...I know it sounds all so exciting! : P

No comments:

Post a Comment