Friday, September 11, 2009

Fuck up #2

Okay, so the other day I went to buy a new fan because the one I have in my home sounds like a cow being put out to pasture. Dying, slowly, slowly dying....it is so loud, that I cannot turn it on at night inorder to cool off and fend off the mosqitos. I hate to wake the sleeping babies next door. Komang's niece and nephew. Apparently me purcahsing a new fan was not a good idea. Komang was furious and very upset. Right away, I thought I had offended him. Of course, I did not really understand this at first.....but Komang insists that I come to him first if I need anything at all. He is afterall my host family. Komang is assigned to look after me while I stay in his home and he wants me to have everything that I need. Naturally.....I didn't understand at first why, but I get it now. He simply wants to take care of me, like a sister....apparently to the kids I am auntie Korina already. Cute. So it took me a while to understand Komang, because I am so independent and because I didn't see any harm in buying a new fan. But maybe that is my American way of fixing a situation quickly, but the way here...is to just simply get the fan fixed. Sounds simple, but at the same time everything in Bali moves slowly. Another humbling moment. So lesson learned...I feel like the wild mustang that has to be broken in.

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOL. Been there!
    That's how I can so appreciate your story, my friend!

    ReplyDelete