Thursday, September 17, 2009

Finally a bread crumb

So yesterday was also a very good day outside of coming down with the flu. Harold and I met with two really big dive shops here in Sanur. We need these dive shops for the exposure and the man power. Funding will have to come from International sources. Not here and not from the dive shops. Tomorrow night there is a really big event celebrating the anniversary of Blue Seasons dive shop. We are hoping to get even more exposure and help from PADI. A worldwide dive organization. I don't want to bite off more than we can chew, I want to make sure that our shit is dialed. Our procedures, and our team. Harold was really excited with the work I have done. So finally I feel that all of this has not been a complete waste. It has been a slow start for me. Today I actually want to do alot of research about the island and other coral reef projects in the area. I also want to look into other substrates that can be used to anchor the artificial reefs. These reefs have to weather the storm and swells around here. We don't want all this work to go to waste and I don't want our new team to get disenchanted too quickly by not taking the time to do the research and getting it done right. Mother nature will take it's course for sure, but we still need to do our best work here, and as cheaply as possible. Ramadan has been a problem here. All the Javanese go home until the end of Ocotber. We have a reef scheduled for the end of this month and of course our welder is Javanese. It's funny to hear the Balinese complain about these things. They really don't have nice things to say about each other. Bali produces 30% of the GNP for Indonesia in tourism alone.

I don't want to sound like an idiot tomorrow night, so I will be on the computer all day today. So lots to do. I know I should rest, but all the nice hotels are booked. Nowhere to stay until middle of next week without straying too far from Sanur. Would like to hit up Kuta, Uluwatu and Ubud soon. Schedule a dive to Tulamben next week. Lots to do and so little time for it all. I need 6 months here to really do some damage on the island..... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment